Today is Giving Tuesday! The day after Cyber Monday, a day Tue give. A day to give back with your time, money, words and actions. We thought we would give you a few ideas of where you could give a little to make a big difference.
Here are a few pup-approved places where you could give on this #GivingTuesday.
- For the Love of Dog - Last week we told you about For the Love of Dog who lost a major part of their facility to a fire a little over a month ago. Thankfully no dogs or people were hurt but now they face the mountain of trying to rebuild. They have an online fundraising campaign to help them. You can make a small or large donation here: youcaring.com
- Last week we also told you about the Fill the Footlocker campaign through Military Missions in Action. Specifically about their Care of the K9 campaign to get items to deployed military dogs. You can make a small or large donation to Military Missions in Action to support all their good work on their website.
- Today Guide dogs of America is kicking off their Fund-A-Need Campaign. Their website has a #GivingTuesday playbook of ways you can help fill wishlists from Guide Dogs of America’s Puppy, Nursery, Veterinary, Kennel, and Student Services Departments.
- The Grey Muzzle Association also has a Giving Tuesday Toolkit. They have an online fundraising campaign to provide hospice care for shelter dogs so they can live out their last days peacefully, loved and safe.
- Black Dog Animal Rescue, is participating in Giving Tuesday and put together a really nice video about how we can all help by giving just a little on Giving Tuesday. You can make a donation to this special shelter online to help.
- Lastly, you can always make a donation to the Planet Dog Foundation to support dogs that are working to help people in need. 100% of your tax-deductible contribution goes to programs that train and place service dogs, therapy dogs, military dogs, and more. Through the Tribute Program, you can donate in honor of a special dog in your life, in memory of a recent loss, or to commemorate a new friend graduating from puppy kindergarten!
So, there are just a few of the THOUSANDS of places you could give a little to make a big difference. You also don't have to give money on Giving Tuesday, you can give your time or your voice. Volunteering is always a great way to spend your time. And in this time of social networking, just spreading the word about amazing organizations like these helps.
Lastly, during the holidays is a great time to mention Amazon Smile. Before you do your online shopping, see if your favorite charity is registered and a part of your purchase will be donated to them!
Happy Giving Tuesday! Now go celebrate!